Open Space at Bigger Small Talk Summit
Well, we completed our inaugural Open Space event at the Bigger Small Talk Summit in Fargo and I'd have to say it was a rousing success!
The format was perfect for building more meaningful dialogue and gave participants a chance to practice listening and speaking on a deeper level, which will lead to more meaningful relationships and action in their work and home lives.
The nine agenda topics created by the participants were:
- Strategic Career Development
- Taking The Leap (into an entrepreneurial venture) - What's Next?
- How to Instill Honesty and Integrity in Children
- Being a Square Peg in a Round Hole
- Integrating Thinking into Education
- Understanding Other People's Perceptions to Facilitate Better Conversations
- Integrating Meditative or Quiet Time in Education
- How to Create and Maintain a Great Blog
- Faith and Leadership
All of the participants in the Open Space event agreed that they would consider attending next year's Summit, so we'll be planning that event shortly!
The Genius Workshop, conducted by Dick Richards, was also met with unanimous support. Among the things participants enjoyed the most were:
- A chance to be creative
- Figuring out my essential qualities
- Working with others to find answers
- The "deepness"
- Meeting others and self discovery
The results from our two-day event prove to me that people are hungry for more deep conversations and self-discovery.
We're looking at the third week of June 2008 for the 2nd annual Summit for Bigger (and Deeper) Small Talk. Mark your calendar! How FAR will you GO? Come to FARGO!