Tuesday, August 29, 2006

You Really Do Know This Stuff

I had a great day today. My friend Dr. Tiff Johnson and I invited a small group of trusted business associates to join us for a focus group in which we introduced Lance Secretan's book ONE: The Art and Practice of Conscious Leadership (see the link in my recommended reading list) and asked for their feedback about whether presenting a workshop or seminar in our community would be of benefit, and also to get their ideas about marketing if we determined that it would.

By way of explanation, Lance Secretan's latest work highlights six principles or attributes which he says are in us already - we just have to unlock them. These six attributes are represented by the acronym CASTLE - Courage, Authenticity, Service, Truthfulness, Love, and Effectiveness. These are not flavor-of-the-month values: they are time-tested and the beauty of this work is that the principles are not only foundational, they are also intuitive, which makes them easy to remember ... re-member - come together - create the ONEness we are lacking in our businesses, schools, churches, and even families.

The conversation we created today was magical. We discovered - together - that there really is a huge opportunity for all of us to reconnect with some of the foundational and fundamental values which have guided humankind throughout history. We already know this stuff ... but we just need a reminder to really own our knowledge and move beyond the knowing to the doing and the being.

We got some great ideas for marketing, and I think we even created a mini evangelism force as they asked for more books and materials to pass along to their associates to give them an idea of the power of this concept.

The more I study this work the more I think this is a pretty amazing way to engage our co-workers and the people with whom we spend our days, weeks, months and years.

Please let me know how I might give you more information about this learning opportunity. I'd love to support you in your own personal and organizational transformation!

2 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that was an amazing letter or blogger. I went through your website very well thought out and precise.

How long have you been enjoying your life.

James

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

James: I love the way you asked that last question: "How long have you been enjoying your life" ... that almost warrents another blog entry!

The answer, when I really think about it, is about 3 years. Before that I think I was sleepwalking through it. The last 3 years have been a joy. Thank you for asking!

Watch for a future blog post about your question!

Jodee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home