Sunday, July 30, 2006

Radio Show #1 a Success (I think!)

Well, I just completed my first radio show on ThunderRadio this afternoon. Despite a couple of minor glitches, I think it went quite well. I need to send a shout-out to those of you who contributed your ideas for your life theme songs. I spent quite a few hours figuring out how to download and burn those songs (I purchased them through Rhapsody), but it was all good!

In addition to playing people's life theme songs, I'm also going to examine some piece of conventional wisdom we've all heard throughout our lives and see whether it's still valid today.

Today's theme was The Golden Rule (thanks to Steve Farber for the inspiration).

In addition to that conversation, I also played the following theme songs from those of you who contributed:

Mike Sansone - "We Are Family" (Sister Sledge)
Carolyn Kramer and Bonnie Staiger - "I Can See Clearly Now" (Johnny Nash)
Starbucker - "Daily Grind" (His original version!)
Michael McAllister - "Wonderful World" (Eva Cassidy version)
Kirsten Harrell - "Imagine" (John Lennon)
Jodee Bock (after all, it is my show!) - "100 Years" (Five For Fighting)
Ellen Puffe - "This is The Moment" (Donny Osmond version - originally from Jeckyll & Hyde musical)
Virgil Seibold - "What We Believe In" (Jim Brickman & Pam Tillis)
Mark Bourdon - "The Prayer" (Celine Dion & Andrea Bocelli)
Jodee Bock (again)! - "Life Is Eternal" (Carly Simon)

Each of these songs added a great spirit to the show because they had such a great meaning to them. Thank you so much to everyone who contributed your idea and also the reason why you chose that song.

I've got a pretty good list going for next week, but I encourage you to think about what you might pick for a theme song for your life. E-mail me the song and the reason why you'd choose that song and I'll do my best to play it on the show.

You can tune in from anywhere in the world over the Internet, so let me know what you think!

Next week's convention wisdom is "Thoughts Become Things." Is it really true that we become what we think about most? Tune in to find out!

6 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Greg: That's a fantastic song, and a beautiful version. I'll do my best to play it next week!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Craig said...

Hi.. is there any recording of this week's show? I want to hear it if I can, and I can't wait for the next one =)

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Craig:

Unfortunately not - but I'll work on that! Maybe I can figure out how to turn it into a podcast and put it on my website! Thanks for the idea!

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jodee: The radio program was excellent. I enjoyed the theme, music, and your narration. The sound quality was remarkable.

In the category of evaluating conventional wisdom, how about: Generosity is its own reward.

Bock On!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Terry Starbucker said...

Jodee, great job - I caught about the last 40 minutes of the show (I JUST missed the Daily Grind - thanks again for playing it). I look forward to listening in again!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Thanks everyone! It was a lot of fun, and I've got some really great songs on the agenda for this week! If you have any other song requests, just shoot me an e-mail!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home