Sunday, July 23, 2006

What's The Theme Song For Your Life?

Starting next Sunday, I'm going to have my own 1-hour radio show, which, thanks to the Internet, you can hear anywhere in the world!

As of right now, my show will be called - you guessed it: You Already Know This Stuff. I'll talk about some of the conventional wisdom you've heard over the years, and we'll check and see if it's still valid or not.

Thanks to Steve Farber's tip, next week's theme will be The Golden Rule. If you missed Steve's post about that topic, check it out here. That should give us a lot of good material to talk about!

In addition to that aspect of the show, I also have a request for you (a twist from the traditional radio request show where the listeners make the requests!). I want to talk about Life Theme Songs ... if you had a theme song for your life, what would it be and why? I'll try my best to find those songs and play them during the show, and then tell why people chose those songs to represent their lives. If you have any requests, please e-mail them to me or comment here and I'll try to find them, or will at least talk about them. If you have a link to a song or can e-mail it to me, that would be even better.

As of today, I think one of my theme songs is Dan Fogelberg's "The Higher You Climb." You can see a really neat visual picture of that song's lyrics here.

If you'd like to listen, the show is from 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. Central time on Sundays and you can access it at ThunderRadio.

I'll be watching for your life theme song ideas!

2 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many songs to choose from - and sometimes, depending on the circumstance, I hear a different song in my head.

The one that stands out is "We are Family" - especially the line "Have faith in you and the things you do, you won't go wrong."

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Mike: That's a great one! You can listen for it on Sunday! Thanks so much!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home