Thursday, July 27, 2006

How Well Do You Know Yourself?

I'm working today on a class I'll be conducting next week on management concepts, and I'm including a section on the Johari Window and the importance of knowing ourselves as managers.

The Johari Window concept was developed back in the '50s and it examines the areas of ourselves which are known to us, known to others, unknown to ourselves, and unknown to ourselves and others. By developing those areas, we can improve our communication skills and build better relationships.

I came across this interactive site which allows me to build my own Johari Window, and I wanted to share it with you.

Although some of you may not know me other than by what you read here, if there are people reading who do know me, feel free to visit this site and enter your feedback about me. You can also build your own personal Johari Window at this site.

This seems like a fun tool we can use to create bigger small talk in our lives!

2 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a great way to start a session on the concept of "becoming the person I'd like others to see in me!" Thanks for the insights

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

You're entirely welcome, Ellen. I understand my personal mission to be making our small talk bigger, and anything I can find to do that will help me present those things I know about myself. Of course, I'm also interested in what others actually do see in me, so this is a great tool for that, too!

Thanks for visiting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home