Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye 2006 - HELLO 2007!!

I'm on my way to my last radio show of 2006 (remember you can tune in Sundays at 11 a.m. central at www.ndsu.edu/webradio). The show is called (surprise!) "You Already Know This Stuff."

As I reflect on the radio shows of 2006 - and really, the lessons I've learned over that same time period - I'd have to say that The Secret and related readings and listenings (including "Think And Grow Rich," "As A Man Thinketh," and "Is Your Genius At Work?") have occupied a big portion of my mindspace.

The Secret has lots of people talking (see Time's recent comments here). And some of that talk is less than positive (I remember someone earlier this summer kind of dissing this whole concept on a blog somewhere). But since my life theme is "Making Our Small Talk Bigger," I have come to understand that my genius - "Inviting Dialogue" - requires that I suspend assumptions for the purpose of learning something. If my intention was always to get people to agree with my point of view, I wouldn't be coming to a conversation with an open mind, and would be hypocritical to my own mission.

So, once again, I'm blessed and grateful for everyone who has read and commented on this blog in 2006 - and for the new connections I've made because of this blog. I'm SO EXCITED for 2007 because there is so much to learn and so many new connections to make!

If you weren't able to tune in to today's show, here is a list of some of the songs I plan to play on my Best of 2006 show.

Grateful - Art Garfunkel
Thankful - Jonny Lang (the Fargo boy!)
Anything's Possible - Jonny Lang
Welcome to Wherever You Are - Bon Jovi
Patience and Fortitude - Count Basie
It's In Every One of Us - Dennis DeYoung
This Is The Moment - Donny Osmond
Waiting On The World to Change - John Mayer
Change - Tracy Chapman
Change the World - Eric Clapton
A Place in the World - Mary Chapin Carpenter
If I Were Brave - Jana Stanfield

Welcome 2007!!

2 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listened to your show today, thanks for the link.

Great selection of music, see you soon.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Thanks, Greg! It's great to know that someone was listening! I didn't play all the songs listed, but I got to some of them. I'll look forward to collaborating soon!

Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home