Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Change Your Questions, Change Your Life

In true Make It Great style, Phil introduced me to Raj Setty just before Christmas. Phil's the best connector I know!

Raj currently serves as the president of Foresight Plus, LLC and is also involved in five other companies (4 in US and 1 in India) in some combination of investor, board member or advisory board member. The companies are iPolipo (meeting scheduling), Suggestica (trusted content on the web), Compassites (outsourced product development) and CIGNEX (open source content management systems) and PSVillage (networking for senior PS Professionals).

Raj is working on a project for 2007 where he will be asking some really significant questions on his blog Life Beyond Code. Here's what he sent me on December 19:

I know you are busy so I will be quick. I maintain a blog called Life Beyond Code where I get about 400,000 page views a month. I have always believed that it is not always the answers but sometimes asking one good question is what is required to make a difference in a person's life or business or both. So as we approach the new year, I am posting a series of questions that people should consider asking themselves in 2007 to get more out of their life or business or both. I am reaching out to several influencers like yourself to get those questions.


So, what is the ONE important question a person should ask himself or herself in 2007?


What a great conversation starter! Since I discovered my genius to be "Inviting Dialogue," this thread is right up my alley!

So, here's my one question for 2007:

What is one burning desire I can articulate for myself and my life in 2007?

That may seem rather obvious, but if you get beyond the pat "stuff" answer (a new car, a new job, more money, etc.) it might not be as easy as you think. I'm a huge fan of The Secret and am currently reading the Napoleon Hill classic "Think And Grow Rich," and I know the answer to that question will be much different for me in 2007 than it's ever been before.

If you'd like some help keeping you on track, consider subscribing to Notes from the Universe (also known as TUT (Totally Unique Thoughts)). When you register there, you'll be able to put in a goal you want to accomplish, and the daily notes remind you to keep it at the top of your mind.

I accomplished what I told TUT last year (a published book) so I changed it this morning. In 2007 I have a burning desire to write for Motto magazine, so that's what I declared (are you listening, Kevin? :) )

So thank you, Raj, for asking me the question question. I look forward to finding out more about you in 2007 as well!

6 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Jodee for the kind comments. Your question is wonderful. I will include that in the list and post it on my blog as well. I want people to have access to about 50 or so questions from influencers like yourself - all in one place.

Thank you for your willingness to participate. I look forward to connecting back with you in the new year.

Best,
Raj

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Thank you so much for the opportunity to join such prestigious company, Raj! Your blog is fantastic! I'll look forward to being in touch!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Phil Gerbyshak said...

Jodee - that is one tough question that I'll be pondering as I set my sights on 2007. Thanks for the challenge!

Glad I could connect you to Raj. Sounds like you firmed up the connection quite nicely.

And I want an autographed copy of the Motto you're featured in. You said write for, I'm raising the stakes to be featured in! You need something to shoot for during the 2nd half of the year!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Thanks for the push, Phil! I do want to think BIG and play BIG in 2007! Thanks again for the Raj connection. What is your burning desire????

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Phil Gerbyshak said...

I'm still thinking about your question Jodee, and I'm reading the Traveler's Gift you gave me for Christmas. I'll let you know once I figure out what that burning desire is. Thanks for your support and encouragement!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Phil: I know finding the answer to that one question will lead you (and me, as I ponder the same question!) to a fantastic journey in 2007! I found The Traveler's Journey to be very inspirational on my previous journeys and I'll look forward to hearing your feedback on it!

Happy New Year, Phil - we'll be creating and allowing great things in 2007!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home