Sunday, December 17, 2006

Blessed and Grateful this Christmas

I've had some amazing conversations in the two weeks since I met Dick Richards in person and really tapped into my Genius. I discovered that my Genius is "Inviting Dialogue," and just acknowledging that for me has given me access to so many amazing insights - and have woven threads I could never have imagined. I'm thinking about how Marianne Williamson defines a miracle as simply a shift in perception. So, with that in mind, here's a snapshot of the miracles that have happened in the past two weeks so you can get an idea of what's been going on:

So I deliver some training two weeks ago called Job Relations at a manufacturing company. It's pretty cut and dried training, but somehow this week seems different. The CEO sits through the entire week (which has never happened before in the dozens of times I've trained this class - usually this is one the CEO sends people to). As he's listening for the first 3 days, he can't help but comment that the spirit of the class seems more about what's wrong than what's right (well, he's right - this is a class to teach people how to solve problems with those they supervise). He asks if they might start focusing more on what's going right with those people. He even invites them to challenge the policies that say when people violate the stated rules they are automatically punished or written up.

I tell the class about Oprah's Pay It Forward Challenge where she gives the audience members a $1,000 gift card, but they have to use it on someone they don't know. The next day the CEO brings in $25 gas cards for each member of the class and says they have to find someone doing something right and reward them in the next 2 weeks and then send an e-mail to the HR director documenting what happened and the outcome. The entire class focus and spirit shifts. A miracle, right?

As with every class like this I teach, I send the feedback to the company as well as the organization that contracts me to do the training. But it occurs to me to send the feedback also to the organization in New York where I was certified to deliver this training. I kind of forget about that part until I get a call from New York asking me to tell them more about how the focus of this training has shifted because this is exactly what they've wanted to do with this training, but haven't known how. He invites me to consider speaking at a national conference in Orlando this summer about what I've seen with this new focus. Hmmm - maybe another miracle?

The week after the Genius workshop I hold a summit in Minneapolis to plan for the future of my company, Bock's Office Transformational Consulting. My new business partner is there (who also attended the Genius Workshop) along with six others who I've invited to join us to brainstorm and heartstorm about their visions for Bock's Office. They are there from Minneapolis, Bismarck, Fargo and Chicago - on their own time and their own dime - because they see the possibilities. We have an amazing meeting and are each inspired in our own ways to somehow be part of this organization. So Bock's Office will be expanding in 2007 - watch here or at the website for more information and updates! Sounds like a miracle to me!

I get a "random" call from a good friend who is leaving her organization to venture out on her own - with a very full rolodex - and we meet for coffee and she asks how things are going on my end. I tell her a little bit and she asks how she can support my efforts and it occurs to me that she could open some HUGE doors for my company. I remember that doors won't open if I don't knock - and answers won't appear if I don't ask the questions. It occurs to me that I've never done any marketing for my business and that might just be selfish on my part because, after our summit, I realize that there is a lot of dialogue to be invited into and people are hungry for that connection.

I read Phil's blog entry "It Takes Courage to Forgive - Be Strong and Let It Go" and he shares his insight about forgiveness and I remember that that was an area I wanted to talk about, but he's done it so beautifully I'll just point you there.

I think about the two clients I delivered presentations for this past week - and they were both amazing. We talked about strengths-based plans with one and getting beyond the fear that keeps us stuck with another. Both were dialogues I invited them to join and I learned as much - if not more - than they did. I'm reminded yet again how amazing people are and how truly blessed and duly grateful I am for so many things.

I'm reminded of my radio show, which has opened my access to beautiful music and the meaning so many songs have for me - as well as the memories they create. So far I've found two really amazing songs in the search for music for my show. One is called "If I Were Brave" by Jana Stanfield and the other is "Grateful" by Art Garfunkel. Each of these songs has become very special to me and convey so beautifully messages I love to share.

Miracles abound. As we start opening our eyes, ears and hearts, we really can find them everywhere. Oprah calls them "God Winks," but no matter what they are called, you really can find miracles everywhere.

I'm starting a new blog in 2007 called "A Miracle A Day." My intention is to post the miracles I notice. Please check it out and join me in noticing the miracles in your own life.

10 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Phil Gerbyshak said...

Wow Jodee, a miracle a day? No doubt that will be quite the powerful blog, just as this one is.

I too am blessed and grateful this Christmas, for nothing nearly as much as having friends like you.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Hanna said...

Jodee, I'm with you - seeing a miracle a day is as easy as opening your eyes to what is truly present. Can't wait to see & hear what's next for you!

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jodee
Great blog...seeing a miracle a day is a decision we can all make. It's just a heartbeat away.
I will link this blog on my site if thats ok
Robyne
http://seekingtheblueprint.blogspot.com

&
http://www.creativewritintravel.blogspot.com

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Hi Phil, Hanna & Robyne:

I'm very excited to see what we will create and allow in 2007 as we start opening up to what is already there in our lives. Let's make a point to keep track!

Happy holidays to all of you!

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Miracles indeed! Life is sure grand when we are open to experiencing the miracles. I look forward to your new blog! :)

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jodee et al:
The exhilarating thing about "seeing" a miracle is that it has been there all along; you have not chosen to acknowledge and "name" it as such until now--that shift in perspective opens you to the conscious awareness of the blessings that have been your's all along....and we all know that conscious focus can only intensify something--bringing you even more miracles and blessings!

There is greatness within and around each of us! Wahoo!!

I wish for you all "blessing awareness" this Chirstmas Season and beyond!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Raymond said...

"A Miracle A Day." What a powerful idea Jodee! I am excited to watch the miracles unfold in 2007 for you and all involved. Thank you for following your inspiration! We will all benefit from your intentions!

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Thank you Raymond, Kirsten and Lisa! I am excited to start being intentional about the miracles in my life and now I know I have accountability partners to keep me posting! Thanks so much for being in this conversation! All my best to each of you for 2007!

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jodee, I love this idea...the shift in how we see things is all it takes. I am very excited to share our many miracles in 2007! Love, MM

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Thanks, Michael - you will be a HUGE part of the collective consciousness shift. Let's PLAY BIG!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home