Monday, July 17, 2006

Ideas from The Power Course

I'm currently involved in a 6-week online course called The Power Course and I'm finding it to be very fascinating. Not only is the course content fantastic, it's also the first time I'm taken an online course. I'm beta testing the online version for one of my new clients. The text for the course I'm taking is "The Power Principle" by Blaine Lee and it's a great book. I'm learning a lot about power as honor and influence, not as force.

I had the opportunity to join Phil Gerbyshak as co-host of last week's No Bullshit Leadership podcast, and I talked about what I'm learning in the class. You can hear that podcast at that website here.

The Power Course is offered through the Conservation Learning Campus - the virtual campus of the Management Assistance Team (MAT) under the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies. Their purpose is to provide students/employees with unprecedented learning opportunities to help them become the best they can be. This organization knows that its employees' best strengthens the quality of conservation leadership overall.

It's fun to be involved with organizations that "get it" as far as leadership goes! I'll let you know more as I learn more about MAT and POWER!

2 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jodee,
I heard your podcast with Phil... nice job! I listened to that right before I went to see the movie - The Devil Wears Prada. What a funny example of the misuse of power that movie was!

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Kirsten:

Thanks for listening and providing your feedback. I need to see that movie now and compare notes!

Jodee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home