Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Slow to the party, but hooked already!

OK, so I didn't get in on the craze at the beginning, but I'm officially a FBer!

Of course, I've known about Facebook (and MySpace) for a long time now, but didn't really join the bandwagon until I attended Bob Proctor's LifeSuccess training in late June.

I met Liz Zed there and she was shocked that I didn't have a Facebook page. I thought Facebook was for kids, but I guess Art Phillips had told me about it before that, too ... and he's no kid (no offense, Art, but ...).

So I made the leap. You can find me here.

So my question is, what's up with all the different social and business networking sites? Can anyone tell me why I should choose LinkedIn over Plaxo or Facebook over MySpace? And how the heck do you keep up with everything (I'm talking to you, Phil!).

Inquiring minds want to know. What's your routine for keeping everything straight? I'd love some hints and tips!

5 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Blogger Shamelle said...

Hi,
You have some insightful posts. Enjoyed reading them.

Shamelle
The Enhance Life

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jody - I appreciate your questions about social networking. I had our mutual Phil write a guest post about this topic - here's the link:

http://movingspirit.typepad.com/spirit_in_gear/2008/04/5-ways-online-n.html

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Thanks, Shamelle! I appreciate your feedback!

And Deb: that Phil is amazing, isn't he? Your post and his reply were SO VERY helpful!

I would love so much the opportunity to have a big party to actually meet all my blogging friends ... can we do that virtually somehow? I miss the eye-to-eye contact ....

As I'm learning from my mentor Bob Proctor: "When the WHY is big enough, the HOW takes care of itself."

Let's "why" on that a while!

Thanks again!!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Dorothy said...

That's my problem as well..I belong to several groups and then you don't do a good job on any one...

Great thought provoking question..

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger lizzed said...

Hi Again Jodee :-) I just posted on your FB wall, w/ thanx btw!
"Slow to the party.... was a fun post & the comments have already created an interesting And informative trail...yours & dc's mutual phil's post...to a lesson on LinkedIn..to some tips from neurobio....to kiva... to....... I'm sure if I had All Day the unfolding would captivate However, i'm back to work in a bit but wanted to encourage U to hop on the twitter train, link it to FB, get twitterfeed (use tinyurl), and friendfeed then the ripples outward get bigger & everyone learns together YAAAAY
liz
blogging @
http://MyMoneyDoctors.com/public/department32

 

Post a Comment

<< Home