Sunday, April 06, 2008

My Coolest Gadget Yet

As many of you know, if you read this blog, I'm an associate of Bob Proctor's as a licensed and certified Life Success Consultant. One thing we really teach a lot is the distinction between setting goals and really achieving them. A technique that Bob uses (and that many of us have used in similar fashion thanks to John Assaraf in The Secret) is the concept of goal cards, or vision boards.

Well, I found a great way to combine both in one handy-dandy little device. I found it at Target by the stationery department and is meant to be used as a business card holder (you can see how big it is here next to my business card).

I combined the goal card idea and the vision board idea into this little gadget. I found or created pictures of the goals I wanted to achieve, and on the other side of the picture, I wrote the goal, stated in the present tense, and dated in the future. Instead of having the vision board in a place where I can only see it when I'm in that place, I can take my cards with me wherever I go and pull them out whenever I have a free moment.

So here is the front of the cards when fanned out. They have pictures of places I want to see or create, people I want to meet and plans I have for my business.

On the back you can see that each picture has a corresponding affirmation or statement relating to the picture. Each of them are stated in the present tense, beginning with "I am so happy and grateful now that I ..." If you have trouble believing yourself with that wording, Michael Losier, author of Law of Attraction says you can use the words "I am in the process of ..." because that is always a true statement if you make up your mind to change your mind. You may not actually have the thing or the situation right now, but it's true to state to yourself that you are in the process of achieving or acquiring or attracting it to you.

Here's a link to a place you can find the flip card decks - or just head to your local Target store. I think we made a run on the Fargo store because I've been telling all my master mind groups about them, so hurry out and buy them all up!

6 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Jodee,
What a neat and compact way to keep your goals handy.

I might just look into doing the same.

Thanks for the post.

Cheers,
Steve

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Joyce A. Schwarz, Editor and Blogger said...

So Jodee, I'd like to feature your pix and your idea (giving you full credit) in my upcoming book THE VISION BOARD by Harper Collins, Collins Design, fall, 2008 --I'm the author Joyce Schwarz (temp website in progress www.ihaveavision.org. Can you email me need to know ASAP like this week! Joyce email thevisionboard@aol.com.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Joyce: I'm honored! Let's get the word out about your book project, too - get to Amazon, everyone, and preorder the book! (Check out the website, too! www.ihaveavision.com)

Ankur: thanks for finding my blog! Yours is very cool, too!

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger scronz said...

Hi Jodee,

What a great idea, I will incorporate into my day.

Thank you for sharing,

Steve A.

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jodee,
Very cool!!! I love it! I have created a dream notebook instead of a vision board to be more portable. Your idea is even better. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Steve & Kirsten:

Thanks so much for leaving your comments here. I've been really loving my flip cards! It's so easy to flip through them at red lights and whenever I have a free moment. Things are already starting to happen!! How cool!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home