Tuesday, March 18, 2008

So How FAR is FARGO?

Jo brought up an interesting question on the last post about the Bigger Small Talk Summit in Fargo June 10-11. She's in England, which really is FAR from Fargo. But where, exactly, is Fargo?

According to the Distance Calculator at InfoPlease, it is 4057.5 miles and 6529.9 km from Fargo to London. It's 1225.6 miles from Fargo to Phoenix, where Dick Richards will be traveling from. It's a mere 208 miles for David Zinger to travel from Winnipeg. So yes, in some cases you do have to GO FAR to come to FARGO. But last year's response was fantastic. Pam Thomas had a blast and, although her schedule won't allow her to be here in person this year, I know she'll be here in spirit!


If we can swing it, I'd love to invite Mike Sansone to help me figure out how to broadcast our event over BlogRadio. I'd love this to become a TED, Jr.-type event.

So, how FAR will you GO to be part of a really cool event that leads to bigger small talk in your life? How committed are you to improving your own interpersonal and INTRApersonal conversation in your work and home life? You won't want to miss this event! It's June 10-11, 2008 right here in beautiful FARGO! I promise I'll have lots more details soon ... but mostly it will be my dreams and my aspirations, so I'll need lots of feedback.

Please let me know if you'd like to be part of the planning committee. I'd love to engage your brain and your creativity!

2 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can do something but what exactly I am not sure?

I can suggest people from here: also Steve Roesler of Allthingsworkplace - he is an excellent facilitator and Galba Bright of TuneupyourEQ. Barbara Sliter of Co-creatorship might be interested (and she is not so far - Ohio I think she said) and the Chief Happiness Officer, spring to mind.

Nudge me again. If people can't travel from here, maybe we can arrange some sort of link up and have a satellite meeting here?

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Chris Bailey said...

Jodee, I'll be making my way to the great state of ND! For me, it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 1147 miles from Austin.

And count me in on the planning committee...just let me know what I can do to help with this year's summit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home