26.2 Miles - Uff Da!
Yesterday was the third annual Fargo Marathon - and what a wonderful event it was! Although the day dawned cloudy, windy and cool, the hearts and the greetings of all 9,000 or so runners were VERY warm.
I dropped off some friends who were running the 5K and then tried to find a spot where I could watch the marathoners. So I ended up in a coffee shop on Broadway with only one other person. It was an AWESOME venue which I learned was just after mile marker #3.
I was giving a speech at noon for an organization, so I was dressed in my speaking clothes, but I stepped outside when I saw the runners coming by to cheer them on. I was very surprised at how many people I knew in the race! Although I didn't see all of them first, many of them shouted greetings to me while they were running! One person who is originally from my hometown actually came over and gave me a hug in the middle of her race! What a great event!
So I am dedicating today's radio show to these brave and spirited runners who completed the marathon, half-marathon, marathon relay and the 5K. What inspiration they provided for me! Remember, you can tune in to the You Already Know This Stuff radio show at 11 a.m. central Sundays at www.thunderradio.fm or www.kndsradio.com.
Here's today's lineup:
1) Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
2) Running on Empty - Jackson Browne
3) Don't Stop - Fleetwood Mac
4) You Can Do Anything - Stephen Bishop
5) Keep A Goin' - Mr. Cowpie (a children's hit!)
6) Believe - Lenny Kravitz
7) Runnin' Down a Dream - Tom Petty
8) Anyway - Martina McBride
9) Follow Your Dream - Sheryn Regis
10) Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better - From "Annie Get Your Gun"
11) Yes I Can - Sammy Davis Jr.
12) Celebration - Kool & The Gang