Friday, December 30, 2005

Blinding Glimpses of the Obvious - Duh!

Wow, sometimes I'm amazed at how long it takes me to GET something! I guess the main thing is that eventually I get it. OK, here's the situation:

So I'm visiting friends over the holidays and they have a clock that plays a song on the hour. I'm getting ready one morning and the clock goes off and it's playing When You Wish Upon A Star. Easy enough, right?

But this lightbulb goes off in my head and I realize what a genius Walt Disney was (as well as the people he must have surrounded himself with). I think all this insight that I'm getting is new stuff ... but it's not. This is brilliant!

Here are the words to When You Wish Upon A Star (thanks, Jiminy!):

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

If your heart is in your dreams
No request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star
As dreamers do

Fate is kind
She brings to those who love
The sweet fullfillment of
Their secret longings

Like a boat out of the blue
Fate steps in and sees you through
When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true

It reminds me of the first time I really listened to the words to Somewhere Over the Rainbow ... Wow.

What are your dreams and intentions for 2006? Let's dream big - and share them together. ANYTHING our hearts desire can come to us ... if bluebirds can fly over the rainbow, why can't I?

Why indeed?

8 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger Phil Gerbyshak said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Phil Gerbyshak said...

I'd never thought Jiminy Cricket could be a key to goal setting, but the more I think about it, the more I think you could be right Jodee! The more you share your goals and dreams, the more real they become, and the more they (the goals AND the people) can propel you on to great things.

2006 will be a GREAT year...if we follow your advice and share our goals, and our support for each other!

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jodee
After reading this aloud to my wife, I must ask:
have you re-considered your blog heading in light of the thoughts in this outstanding piece?

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Art sent this to me and...

Wow!

Thanks, Jodee!

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It reminds me a lot about the power of prayer. Just making your intentions known and focusing your dreams: sending the request out into the universe. Very powerful stuff. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jodee, happy new year!!!

As you know, my dream was to have a company of my own and being my own boss.
I quit my job and I 1st of Februari the dreams becomes reality.
I will working fulltime thinking of ways how ppl can make their work more fun and get better results with it.

Also in 2006:
- Learn to juggle
- (Learn to) write collumns
- Learn to play harmonica

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Congratulations to everyone who has posted here for working to make a difference in people's lives (including their own!) in 2005 and committing to do the same in 2006! I'm thrilled that you all stopped by. Let's start 2006 by realizing all that we're supposed to be ... and then set out a plan to become it for ourselves, which will allow others to live their own capacity as well!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Bruce said...

Jodee, thanks for sharing a few wishes and dreams today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home