Thursday, April 16, 2009

Has Life Killed Your Dreams?

OK, I know odds are that you have seen the Susan Boyle video from Britain's Got Talent (if not, it's linked later here).

The story is amazing and there are so many metaphors we can take from this.

But have you listened to the words of the song? Listen to the video again and follow along with the words. Wow. What does Susan Boyle really know? What an outstanding example of never giving up, despite what the audience (and the people in other areas of her life - your life - our lives) tried to project to her!

Thank you Susan Boyle. More than you know.

"I Dreamed a Dream" From Les Miserables

There was a time when men were kind,
And their voices were soft,
And their words inviting.
There was a time when love was blind,
And the world was a song,
And the song was exciting.
There was a time when it all went wrong...

I dreamed a dream in time gone by,
When hope was high and life, worth living.
I dreamed that love would never die,
I dreamed that God would be forgiving.
Then I was young and unafraid,
And dreams were made and used and wasted.
There was no ransom to be paid,
No song unsung, no wine, untasted.

But the tigers come at night,
With their voices soft as thunder,
As they tear your hope apart,
And they turn your dream to shame.

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living,
So different now from what it seemed...
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed...

HERE'S THE LINK (YouTube shut off embedding, so go there and get it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home