Thursday, March 01, 2007

Beauty Abounds!

I'm spending the week on vacation in Arizona and it is turning out to be an amazing trip. I spent the past two days with two of my very best friends in Sedona - what an amazing place! We shopped and hiked (with a tour guide - the BEST way to experience Sedona) and each of us had a psychic reading. If you don't believe in psychics, you might have to take the leap and try it in Sedona. The experience was amazing for all of us.

Today we're going on to visit some other friends and relatives before spending our last full day here on Friday reading and relaxing by the pool. I'm blessed and grateful for the wonderful friends I have and the opportunities to be with them here in this beautiful place.

It reminds me that beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but if we're not seeing beauty everywhere in every single part of our universe at any given time, we're just not paying attention. I know when I get back to the many inches of snow we've gotten back home while I've been gone, I'll appreciate the whiteness and purity more because I've had a chance to see the red rocks of Sedona, the huge blue sky of Phoenix and the arid patches of desert between the two.

What might you be able to see differently if you look at it through the eyes of gratitude instead of mediocrity? What are you not seeing that's been there forever? It's possible to get a new outlook wherever you are - just change your mind!

1 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jodee,
I am going to Sedona in April. Don't you just love it there! It really is one of my favorite places on earth. Bell Rock is so very special to me. I feel so at home there. I am excited to be going in April.

In fact, I am currently thinking about posting on my blog a request for intentions/prayers from people... I would then take the list with me and our group would do a meditation centered on the list at one of the Vortex spots. I am still brainstorming ideas so it may evolve into something different. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home