Thursday, October 26, 2006

What Happened to Worthwhile?

Does anyone know what happened to my favorite magazine "Worthwhile"?

I haven't received an issue for a long time (I am a subscriber) and haven't heard anything from them, so I visited their website and learned that the magazine is now called MOTTO.

Any idea what's going on? Will I automatically get the new magazine since I'm a subscriber of the old one or do I need to resubscribe?

Worthwhile was such a great magazine ... I'm just glad they're still there in some form.

3 Comments:

At 5:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering the same, as I haven't seen it on a magazine rack in a long time.

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jodee, Mike and all,

It's Kevin here from Worthwhile -- and glad to say we're alive and kickin'. We got sued by another magazine company over trademark infringement (even though we owned the federal mark for Worthwhile) and were staring down the barrel of the half-million-dollar gun to win the suit (as our lawyers said we would). So... painful as it was, we settled the case, agreed to change our name.

We took the summer to regroup, changed our name to MOTTO magazine (as in life's guiding principle), redesigned the publication and should be on the newsstand in early November. Great interviews and such in there -- and a cover package of Money + Meaning. You can learn more at www.whatsyourmotto.com.

Thanks for asking and the kind words.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Kevin:

I'm so relieved! Hard to believe a magazine as wonderful as Worthwhile would be sued, but such is this current life! So glad you're still there! I've already subscribed to the new version, so I'll be watching the mailbox!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home